Why Young People Need To Go Birding
Birding is a great way to get the young people to enjoy the environment around them.
From building critical observation skills, patience, and focus to connecting with nature and the outdoors, birding is an often overlooked but amazingly rewarding hobby. A year-round activity, birding is an excellent family activity that will bring rewards for years to come.
Here are just a few of the many reasons for young people to start birding.
· Birding helps young people tune in to nature
· Build powers of observation and develops attention to details
· Birding doesn’t require lots of equipment
· Birds are always around us
· You can head out to see birds any time of the year
· Bird populations are declining
· Young people need to know what’s in their backyard
Tip: Birds are most active at sunrise and sunset, so the best time to birdwatch would be in the early morning or late evening.